Monday, 4 April 2016

Feliz Navidad Guatemalan Children!

This creativity task was something that I enjoyed doing the most since making videos is one of my passions and I believe I'm good at that! 
So when my Spanish teacher asked to create something for Guatemalan Kids that live in a shelter with no parents as a Christmas present I took this as a challenge to myself and my creativity and abilities! Christmas is the time for magic, family, love and being grateful for things we have.. Considering that I come from a privileged family, live in Portugal near the beach and go to one of the best schools in the country, I decided to share this with the kids. At first, I felt like I was bragging about my luck, since we don't choose the families we were born in.. However my teacher assured me that this was a good idea because it gives hope to the kids that one day they might be adopted into a good family! 
I began by planning out my words, which had to be simple, grammatically correct and also, just prepared so that during filming I don't stop to think and don't mumble. 
Next step was to plan the video. I believe for something to be done well it must be planned so I planned places, car rides, a moment with my 3 brothers. I decided to add an international touch, since after all, its a Russian family, doing a video in Portugal, speaking in Spanish and sending it to Guatemala. We are 4 kids in my family, and we know 4 languages, so I decided to make one part of the video of me and brothers, saying "Marry Christmas" in Spanish, Portuguese, English and Russian!
After that was planned, We chose a day when the weather was good, my brothers didn't have extra curriculum activities and we were ready to do it.
 When one person does something that they love, they don't feel pressure nor they get tired of doing it. Making this video seemed effortless since I was doing something kind, a message of Marry christmas to the kids, that have no family and live in different continent. If i had more time, I would probably show them Lisbon, show them food and traditions because If i get an opportunity to make someone happy, to give someone hope and wish for the best, I will take it. I think I managed to do a pretty good job, the video is encouraging and happy, it has great scenery and music, different places and many good things are said! 10 hors of planning, writing, filming and making flew by in a blink of an eye! 
Hope you enjoy watching it:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment