After 2 months of holidays and summer thoughts, we are back to school! I couldn´t realize the fact that I´m an IB student until the introduction day, listening teachers tell us the IB learner profile, IB outcomes and introduce us to TOK, EE and CAS, it opened my eyes to the long and hardworking 2 years ahead of me, but the more i thought about it, strangely, i felt less worried and more confident about my future experience! Luckily, my dream isn´t to become a doctor, where i have to spend my life in labs! I wanna become a journalist! And even though my subjects aren't as hard as sciences and HL maths, they are still time-consuming and hard in their way! To get it all done with 6s and 7s, I started a year with new room ready for folders and papers, space to read and do my art work, as well as big table for hard work with books and laptop! But am I gonna spend all my time learning and just procrastinating with my phone on my bed? Don't think so.. here´s where my CAS program plans come into!
I was aware of CAS way before holidays started and it was then when i started thinking of possibles places and things to do, so now, i can just plan and organize my time-table the way i can accomplish all my plans!
IB learner profile explains what they are looking for, what kind of person I have to become along this two years in order to achieve the maximum marks and go to the best universities, following my dream to become a journalist! I consider myself, mostly all of the characteristics of IB learner profile, but my aim is to become all of them! I believe the CAS program will help me become a better person, more interesting and an all-rounder! I will be able to experience and learn more things which will help me survive in real word, when i leave my sweet home and great support from parents, probably kilometres away from them in a place outside my comfort zone! I already have a variety of projects in my head which i intent to finish by the end of next summer, so i have more time to prepare my academic responsibilities and goals! I´m looking forward for the 150 hours of Creativity, Action and Service!
Good luck to everyone who's doing the CAS program! May odds be ever in your favor ;)
“People who don’t take risks generally make about 2 big mistakes a year, people who do take risks generally make about 2 big mistakes a year” -Peter Drucker
No comments:
Post a Comment